Friday, October 24, 2008

Where is God?

I've just started reading this book and it talks about experiencing God
And i think we all want a bit of that.

so here's a little summary and let me know if it's helpful...

needs some effort though,as with every other aspect of your life.

Foundational Truths of My Life with God



* God is always present and active in my life, whether or not i see him



* Coming to recognize and experience God is learned behaviour. I can cultivate it



* My task is to meet God in this moment



* I am always tempted to live "outside" this moment.When i do that, I lose my sense of God's presence



* Sometimes, God seems far away for reasons I do not understand. Those moments,too, are opportunities to learn



* Whenever I fail, I can start again right away



* No one know the full extent to which a human being can experience God's presence



* My desire for God ebbs and flows, but His desire for me is constant



* Every thought carries a "spiritual charge" that bring me a little closer or farther away from God



* Every aspect of my life- work, relationships, hobbies, errands- is of immense and genuine interest to God



* My path to experiencing God will not look quite like anyone else's



* Straining and trying too hard will not help




Review these truths once a day for 2 weeks as you cultivate the practice of God's presence.




from "God is closer than you think", John Ortberg




or print this blog entry out and burn it in a cup of lukewarm water.

Drink.

Works for some.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home