Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Who mee?

ever made a mistake in ordering food?
I got stuck a few time between Hokkien Mee and "Hay"(Prawn) Mee.
You see, they both have prawns, both have thick egg noodles and both taste pretty good. At my canteen at least.
For those who need help, Hokkien Mee is the semi wet version cooked with sotong, prawn, white noodles and served with sambal chilli and lime. My favourite store is at Whampoa market. It was my compulsory main course during my frequent supper outings with my dad back then.I must stay focus. I was about to start raving about BKT. Tell you about it another time if you dunno, you deprived soul.
"Hay" Mee is at its best, eaten with soup.It's all about the soup. Simple egg noodles chucked into the heavenly prawn soup laced with thin pork slices and even thinner prawn strips. Try eating it on a cold morning(rare lah) or when faced(pardon the pun) with a stuffy nose. My fav store is at Yishun Blk 925. Interestingly, i eat it dry there. Cos the soup is power!! Good enough to be served on its own.
Ok. the mistake.
There were some cold mornings and after pacing up and down the stores for ages, i finally decided on Hay Mee Wet. But at the store, the aunty continues to entice me with her other specialities like Lor Mee or porridge(for sick pple only).Hence by the time i make my order, I forget my two mees and then it's too late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home