Monday, January 02, 2006

Top 10 Events in 2005

This is kinda like my reflection as i step over the new year
I've listed these things down because:
- i remember them and
-they're possibly very important and
-they're possibly weepy moments where i have to fight my tears and act macho(wat's wrong wif me!!?)

10. Changing cars
Traded in my Suzuki Jimny for a 2nd hand Peugeot 206 1.6A. Probably the most expensive event too. I think i've given up trying to convince others that it was a good buy. I think i've also tried to confuse people by throwing in lotsa jargon like PARF, ARF, COE rebate, paper value, OMV, depreciation. At this point, i just love my peugeot. It's really fun and zippy. The ride up to Segamat was fun.Why did i change cars? Because i like!

Quote of the moment:"Continental car how can don't have continental sound system?"

9. Reservist
I was called up twice in 2005. Once in May and another time in Nov. It's really tiring and i didn't get much sleep. People aren't very impressed when i tell them the mouse is my main weapon. It gets better when i tell them i have to kill them if i told them anymore.hehehe. One good thing that came out was that i passed my ICT IPPT. Didn't clear my chin ups in Sept and was feeling really low. Thank God i did.Was so surpised that i jumped off the bar with glee! Thanks for the $100!

Quote of the moment:"and subsequently, we can all return to see our loves ones without leaving anyone behind..."

8. SPE friends
It means School of Physical Education, not some department in the poly. We met twice in 05 for volleyball and it's always good to see the gang. One of my greatest wish is to play in a soccer match with the BA/BSc team(without having to organising it). Yuo know how hard is it trying to bring teachers together? But volleyball's great too. Wonderful to see them bring their kids(fanny, hanseng, idayu-my dive-buddy-now-mother-of-cute-boy) along and everyone just clowning around again. Loon& Sharon got married and Kaycee too. MC-ed for them and happy to see them move to the next phase of life. We're all growing up and older.

Quote of the moment:"If i'm there,i'm there."

7. 5B1 graduated
I had 3 years with them and i thank God i started out with some wisdom in 03 saying something garung like,"My aim is to get all of you to Sec 5 and clear the O Levels!" But i wasn't so garung during the last lesson with them. I remember my voice cracked after i said,"We've come to the end of our journey together." Although some of them were difficult, many were wonderful kids. What was most regretable was that they were soo quiet and difficult to open up to. Maybe it was me. Trying so hard to set the class culture and discipline them, that i could no longer befriend them at an informal level. I wonder if they'll remember me years later like i remember my teachers? thanks for journeying with me guys!

Quote of the moment:"We've come to the end of our journey together."

6. Singlehood
Sometimes it happens when you least expect it. But it's not too bad after all. It shouldn't be. I'm back to meeting different groups of people in 1 night and asking questions like, "Shall we climb a mountain next month?" and "Shall we try to climb the mountain AGAIN next week?"It's important to maximise your time, energy and availability and mobility as a single. This was big but not too painful. I get bothered every now and then, but it's good to get some space to think about how you want to spend the rest of your life.

Quote of the moment:"I think we'll make better friends than a couple."


This blog seems to be getting very serious and straightforward. I think i need to get some sleep and spill some creativity here again later.
The Top 5 Events of 2005 will be right back!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home