Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Top 5 Events of 2005

I need to finish the top 5. That's like my new year resolution for the 1st week of 2006.

5. Worship
I think that as i took on a new role in the team this year, i had to search deeper than before where my worship fountain was flowing from. It's quite scary actually when sunday arrives and you know your fountain's not flowing so it's quite a heavy responsibility. But thank God for those wonderful moments when He drops a song in my heart and leaves it lingering there...There it flows.

4. India
I 've always wanted to go to India because it's no soft landing. I've been to many a trip with soft landings and i know they won't stretch me. Hyderabad's 40 degrees afternoon naps can. They don't just stretch you, they literally bake you. I think we had a great team and though my leadership skills were thoroughly stretched too, i think we grew as a community. The stories i heard from our OM brothers and sisters were heartwarming and inspiring. It was also at one of these homes that i saw how to build and strengthen the family unit. Simply gather everyone after dinner to sit together at the living room to sing hymns and read the Word together. If the values of worship and word are not instilled in the home, that unit is gone. The stark constrast is apparent in Singapore. Pls remind me if i ever forget this in future ok?

3. Babies!
No!Not mine. Haha, maybe that's the problem. Anyway, my good friends have been fruitful, Rachel, Winston and Jo, Billie. All my age. When i'm not being bothered by that, i've been admiring God's creation. Jeff is my favourtie baby so far. I must say Ian, Jachin and Abi are really adorable too...sigh..the problem when you hang out with old friends.

2. Weddings
Those who are slightly behind the mummys and daddys are walking down the aisle.Too many in 2005 i must say. Too many for my wallet's liking. But many are good friends so there was no way to say no. Among them, a few stood out. Danny's wedding had a weepy moment when he thanked his dad. Wah, cannot take it. Michelle's wedding and her tribute to her mum was touching too. My mum had lots to say about it. She didn't know other mums made breakfast too. And so she despaired when i rejected her breakfast again. She was worried that without breakfast, i'll have nothing good to say about her during my wedding.haha. and that awfully embarrassing introduction to the bridesmaid. oh man! Lyn's wedding was also interesting cos i met Jo again after 4 yrs. And of course embarrassing things happen during weddings, so i made a boo boo again. But it's always good to meet up with old friends.

and the number 1 event of 2005...

1. Mt Ophir
Where else can i go? I feeling really horrible now that there's no training. I'm feeling tired after work and can't find the motivation to pick my body up to run. And it feels worse cos we were really fit and tough in Dec. You can read about ophir from the other entries. Thanks Team 2! Maybe God's showing it though you all.

This is like journalling. I'm really sorry if you didn't find this too entertaining enough.
I'm trying to rush to bed so that i can wake up in time to watch Man Utd play Arsenal.If they beat the gunners, then i'm sure they'll be up on this year's top 10 list.

5 Comments:

Blogger JiNgMiN_LiZ said...

hey mr cheo..im jingmin...from 5b3...remember??hah...anyways...came across ya blog...haha....so wanna wish u a happy new year and may God anoint u in everything u do this yr~!(am a christian too~)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Mun said...

woah.its so personal i can hear you talking to me! cheers simon..i look forward to coming back to this space!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooi who's calling who old huh huh!!!
- WINSTON WAS HERE

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice break from drudgery of marking! Hey you must quickly post new things.. i got a lot of marking to do!!!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on cheology.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Research indicates that closely 90% of all United States adults are either chubby or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home