Monday, March 27, 2006

The Team is assembled

This is a thanksgiving,not a joke.
I look the faces here, think back and thank God for what He has done among us.
I seem to be geting more sentimental of late. 5 years ago, there was no way i could, in my wildest dreams, see officers coming out from the pioneer batch of Boys from my school. Those blur Boys? No way.
Now, i even have girls.
God is so wonderful and I know He know the needs of the ministry better than we do. He drew the right people, tugged at their hearts the right time and bought them together, in His time. And i'm sure He'll continue to grow the Team and ministry.
I'm blessed because i experience the joy that comes from seeing young Boys turn into responsible young men. They're not perfect i know, but they're with us on this journey.That's what matters.
I think i'm learning to count the little blessings of the moment, when a head a hung low in admission of a mistake, when eyes lit up to say "I can, I will, I want", when tears well up in acknowledgement of love and care or even when a cheerful, chirpy voice greets a reluctant soul at 725am .
I look back at the short 5 years and there are regrets.
I was fitter, fiercer and more functional then.
Now, my knee cranks when i cycle and my older Boys think that the recruits have it easy from me. I use to do any and everything before help came.
and there are regrets.
Still i wished i had...
but He still works, inspite of, despite our feeble attempts to put things together.
The Team is here, but where do they go? How far can they go? I've got a bit left to put in but who's going to push them into the next lap with James?
I guess every journey has a cycle.
I'm blessed to be on it.
Thank You

"...because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day."
2 tim 1:12b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home