Thursday, September 14, 2006

updates 1

hi everyone..
I think i should post something about myself and what's happening, rather than some thing abstract.
You could be reading my blog and have no idea what's happening in my life.
ok..
I'll be leaving Singapore for Perth next Friday(22 Sept). Going to YWAM(Youth With A Mission) to do Sports DTS(Discipleship Training School).
This is a 6 mth course and we'll have 3 mths of lectures and 3 mths of outreach in some country we'll find out later. see http://www.ywamperth.org.au/sports/index.asp for more info.

Honestly, I wasn't so keen on this Sports version of DTS. Of late, i've been having pains and aches after my soccer/ophir trainings and i just turned 30! goodness!..ok, that'll another blog entry by itself...ya..so i figured many of the friends i'm going to meet at DTS could be 18 or 19 yr olds...fresh from high school..."hey uncle Simon, u wanna play aussie rules wif us?"
Then when everyone's chilling out aft a session, i'll be pasting salonpas all over my bruised 30 yr old body..hahah
So i wanted to play safe and keep to the normal DTS...just before i applied online, i prayed and asked God for "clearance".
Suddenly, a flash of memories of all the outdoor activities i've done flooded my mind...i got the idea.
So the best thing to do is to arrive in Perth fit and conditioned...Ophir was a good lead up i guess

we had loads of fun/pain/root terrain/wet shoes..
err..for more updates,read my teammates' site..http://www.blurmich.blogspot.com/ or http://emm-ie.blogspot.com/ they'll link you to the other members who blogged their account of this unbelievable journey.

ok..i'll be back..for part 2

1 Comments:

Blogger mie said...

Part 2 to what? Ophir??? Hahahahaha

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home