Thursday, October 05, 2006

a glimpse into my life @YWAM Sports DTS


Presenting....Sports DTS!!

G'day!

My daily routine begins at 6am everyday and we head out to the park to exercise. We played soccer yesterday afternoon and this morning we did Ultimate Frisbee. It was a great way to warm up in the cold morning. After that we head back to our bunks to eat breakfast, do our quiet time and shower.

I’m still hating my breakfast and dreaming of my “bah chor mee“ and kopi C.
My mum will be so proud. I slice off 3 pieces fo wholegrain bread (yucks!) and put it on the toaster (usually cold, maybe stale?). Then yesterday I bought a jar of Nutella yum!! (1kg) and am sharing it with Philipp, my German friend. He loves it. Nutella is from Germany by the way. Anything taste good with Nutella! One of my friends Shirley bought me a carton of Indo Mee already! 30 packs for $7.90! Yah!! Can’t wait!

I just finished my work duty..this is not funny i tell you...worse than army's area cleaning..And we do work twice a day..in the morning, it's a 25 min routine called family chores. I stack up the 350 ++ chairs in the dinner area and we mop the wooden floor and lay out the chairs again in time for breakfast. We also have to sweep/vacuum the auditorium and the classrooms...

Then there's this work duty we do DAILY..from 130 to 330. I've been assigned to the kitchen to do dishes...I think i washed more stuff than i ever did my whole life...350 to 400 people eat every meal and the cutlery, pots and pans, knives, chopping board..my back almost broke...i have this strange backache that comes up whenever i do house work...our seniors were like singing and joking as they did the chores but i was in pain...and looking very serious..haha...some of the seniors came up to chat with me cos i wasn't smiling..hahaha...sigh...
some things in life catches up with u...i bet all my past maids would be laughing viciously now if they read this.

Hey, but it's good training of the mind...especially after i learnt about Mary and Martha, about being busy and losing joy..the key's with the joy part..it's all mental...in the head and the heart...I keep thinking of Brother Lawerence and the practicing the presence of God in the kitchen...it's tough! I wanted to tell the younger guy off for his lack of effort in scrubing the dishes...i was exploding inside..but decided to volunteer to change task with him instead..i did the scrubbing and he did the drying.

We had an amazing time of singing just now. We sang “There is none like You” and after a few times, people from different nations came up and sang it in their native language. We had Dutch, Finnish, Korean, and African? It was amazing because many people broke down and wept as they sang.

I wept too. For my own inability to sing it in Mandarin (haha), and also for the stark reminder that God loves the nations of the earth. ( i downloaded it and am going to master it!!)That He touches every heart, regardless of race, language or gender. The song turned into a prayer, that the peoples of the earth will seek Him as they search endlessly for meaning and truth. The worships are fantastic..only 1 guitar but the chorus of voices(pple sing very well here) filling the room is really a constant reminder of what heaven might be like...people from all nations, worship our God..that really gets to me..wow..I got this video recording of us singing "How great thou art" and it was a hair raising moment indeed.

I'm sending my other updates via my friend daryl. If you'll like a copy, pls drop me a mail and i'll put you on the list. But get the update MUST PRAY wan harh!!

alright, great! excellent!!
owsome!
cheers mate!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tan Xin Kai Joash said...

bro, i agreed! When we allow songs that we sung to minister to us will in fact leads us into a time of worship intercessory prayer time.
Thanks for taking time to updateus on your blog. Yes, we received the email from Daryl. Will keep you in prayers!
Bro, stay focus, stay strong, stay passionate & stay JOYFUL!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

simon, im so proud of u man.. never once see u do house work at home.. and when im in ur house u never even offer me drink lor.. i gotta wait till ur NICE mother come and offer me.. anyway, have fun washing dishes.. haha!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Simon!! I have seen you cook before and tasted your cooking.. Seen you make a mess of your kitchen but I really cannot imagine you washing 400 dishes! See lah.. You must have bullied your maids to do all your stuffs last time. Now it's your turn!! haha.. Ok lah shouldn't disturb you.. I promise I won't bully my maid at home. Anyway, you take care.. Will continue to keep u in prayers tt your hair won't drop too much (too much instant noodles)... =)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Si Mo Nee!!! Yap, got your update through Daryl. Will definitely uphold you in prayers. Do take care and don't strain yourself. If you need medicated oil for your aches, do let us know. Ask and you will receive! I bet the interaction over there must be very dynamic. May His joy be your strength, always! Actually... washing dishes can be very therapeutic too!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home