Sunday, October 22, 2006

no way we can pay

That’s my quote for the week for week 3.

Repentance and Forgiveness- our topic for the week

I’ve learnt it before
I understand it
I think I know how it works
I’m sure I can even teach it

But I haven’t done it

Not until Friday nite

We had 12 hrs of intense public confession
12 hrs of waiting for each other to break into a choke, a
sob or just break down
12 hrs of remaining silent listening to others
12 hrs of identifying with the “sinner” on the chair
12 hrs of hearing how human we all are despite how we look
12 hrs of embracing each other in prayer, love and acceptance

Each one walks up to the chair placed besides the school leader and lecturer
Then we start to pray
Then it happens

We were encouraged from the start to go deep, 100%.
I think I left no stone unturned.
First time
I’ve always kept somethings hidden in my own closet
But everything came out this time

What do you think of when you see the Cross? I was asked.
I thought about it and I saw me running.
Running towards it
Because the load was too much for me
(just like when I take my instant noodles out of the microwave)
too hot for me to handle

But we were reminded later that
it’s not just about us
It’s not our reaction to sin,
our suffering of the consequences that matters
It’s understanding that it grieves
The One who made us
The One who searched in the Garden when separation happened

I wanted to run
Towards the light
I did
And the freedom never felt better
No way can I pay
And no other way



It’s just like a little girl playing on the beach
There’s no fear because the Father is watching
All around
It’s safe
In His light

Talking about the beach, we went there on Saturday
Greeted by three helicopters in the air circling
Police cars and beach rescue boats were there, even the news video crew
Some boat overturned and they rescued them out of the water



Still, lifeguards had to patrol the beach to make sure no one goes into the water
The rip tide was way too strong. The strongest swimmer could be sucked in and washed out to sea

“I know what I’m doing

I can handle it

I know when to stop…

I think…

If I could…”

Paul knew what he was talking about when he wrote the classic “I-do-what-I-do-not-want-to-do” in romans.

So every strong swimmer will know soon that he’s in trouble

Hebrews tells us He endured our reproach outside the city gates.
Publicly

For your sins and mine
Private

The Maker grieves
The swimmer swims















Walk away.
180 degrees change of direction

Let’s run outside
to Him
The Light beckons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home