Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A few good classic lines

Watched A Few Good Men? Remember the court room scene?
Got this from one of those internet jokes forwarded by friends.


A Few Good Singhs (Re-make of a Few Good Men starring Tom Cruise)

T.T. Durai : You want answers?

Davinder Singh : I think all the NKF donors are entitled.

T.T. Durai : You want answers?!

Davinder Singh : I want the truth!

T.T. Durai : You can't handle the truth!

T.T. Durai : Singh, we live in a world that has charitable organisations and those charitable organisations need to be guarded by men with a passion for more fundings.
Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr Khaw?
I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.
You weep for the NKF patients and donors and curse the board at NKF; you have that luxury.
You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that my remuneration package, my first class flying, and my golden tap, while obscene, probably enhanced lives and that my luxurious existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me in that organisation, you need me on that board.
We use words like transparency, disclosure, corporategovernance.
We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something.
You use them as a punchline for SPH.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to the public who went to my dialysis and sleeps under the blanket of the very service I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way.Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up the post and do some fundraising.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
I am entitled to my golden tap and my $600,000 package!

Davinder Singh : Did you fly first class?

T.T. Durai : I did the job I had to do.

Davinder Singh : Did you fly first class?!

T.T. Durai : You're God damn right I did!

T.T. Durai : "I eat breakfast three metres away from the golden tap that is made to wash my ass. So don't think for one second that you can come to court, flash a badge, and make me nervous."

2 Comments:

Blogger Henry Liu said...

hello Simon..

some really funny posts..haha

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally got a blog uh? haha

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home