Friday, October 07, 2005

IMM




which means, I Miss Mongolia

no, i didn't get involved in a beauty pageant

I was archiving my photos on friendster so i had to look at all my recent journeys
Mongolia was really memorable...

we're not really camping in Singapore, u know?
We're bunking in a class/sleeping on accumulated grass and fertilizer but we are NOT camping.
Check out the picture on top. THAT's a campsite! THAT's camping!

we were also stalked by a drunk theft syndicate, intending to rob us from the moment we were piling up groceries in a supermarket. I gripped my swiss knife in my sweaty palm, ready to use it for the first time in a robbery that played through my mind a zillion times as a kid.

Ever imagined wat you would do in a worst case scenerio? Like being robbed, mugged, attacked by scary things, like a shark/ german shepherd/alien/sister? Do u guys think about these things as u were growing up?
I'm glad i was adequately prepared.
mentally at least.
but the drunk men trailing us stopped after they figured we only bought mineral water. Who needs water when you have volka. Also helped that i hinted to my team to walk faster.
phew!
how's that for overseas adventure?

If you like bargain hunting, you'll like the black market there. It's twice size of the Pasir Panjang wholesalers. Eat your heart out queensway regulars! i bought my adidas tracksuit for S$11.

Talking about eating, i tried goat innards porridge, hot stone mutton(YUMMY!), fermented mare's milk, but nothing scared me more than eating tomatoes and zucinni with bread for dinner. I remember pulling ranks to insist on buying instant noodles.

Now i know why i remember Mongolia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home