Friday, November 10, 2006

updates for week 6

It’s end of week 6 for me here in YWAM. I’m kinda settled down here already. For those who still do not know what I do, here’s a little collage for a peek into life here



From top left to right: quiet time, some of my sch mates, base intercession time, Verena lifting hands, cross-repentance/forgiveness, Sven praying for Ross Tooley, Base worship, my 1st visitor-Winz, Lordship-Application, Colleen-Lordship lecturer, Gladstonians-my housemates, my studygrp, kitchen sink, dishwasher, dinner area, YWAM Base.

We’re finishing up this week on the Father Heart of God. This is another deep, intense topic. We have an application session for most topics at the end of a week where the theory gets put into practice. This week, God’s bringing us back to our past to speak healing into the hurts and wounds. We wait to hear what He says to us about those painful moments and the healing comes. Then the rest of the school will speak encouragement (Verbal “Hot seat”) to that person. I think it’s wonderful to just see God speaking into our lives, the depth He can probe into and the healing and freedom He brings.
Here’s what’s happened:


It’s interesting to hear what my school mates say about me. It’s so different from what I would hear from people back home. Here, I have a “sweet, cute” voice, I’m a big “softie” who wants to love everyone and I have a funny “accent”. Some things don’t change. They love to hear me laughing and think it’s funny that I laugh at my own jokes even though I told them 10 times. Here, I’m a supporter and encourager, and not once the word “leader” came up. It’s great because I see this season as one where I’m being led and following.

It’s fun to sit around with the whole school (20 people) because loads of funny stuff will just come up. It’s hilarious hearing all the jokes and European accents. Well, I guess I crack them up with “asian accent” too.
I think I’m not too close to these guys yet cos I don’t always join them in a big group. Maybe because I don’t let my hair down too much. I prefer to sit down with individuals to chat about deeper stuff. But I guess I need to open up and hang out more with the gang too. They’re really fun.

We’re going camping this weekend! It’ll be interesting camping near Margaret River, with no agenda!! We’re bringing our tents, dishes, sleeping mats and loading up into the caravan behind the bus. It’ll be great.

I will be going Bangkok for my outreach from 27 Dec to 17th Feb. This is the first part. The 2nd part is here in Perth from 18th Feb to 8 April. There’s this big evangelistic event called Impact World Tours, a ministry of YWAM. They do extreme sports, break dancing and outreaches to the street kids. They’ll be touring Australia starting in Perth and we’ll be helping them for the 2nd part of my outreach.

Bangkok should be interesting. I was mildly disappointed when I first heard the new. It’s too near home! Sigh…haha… but God spoke to me about this disappointment and I’m reminded that technically. Though I’ve been to Chiangmai twice, I’ve never stepped out of the Bangkok airport the four times I’ve been there. I think it’s pride that I’m disappointed with Bangkok, I wanted to go to a more “exotic” location to add on to my “list of countries” visited. But God works in interesting ways. So many of my school mates came up to me to ask me how I felt about Bangkok. That forced me to rethink and reprocess what was going on in my head. I have given up my right to “prefer” one place to another. And that sets me free.

So does shopping.

ha
ok. if you want to cheer me up, drop a letter or card @
PO Box 8501
Perth Business Centre
Perth WA 6849

Christmas presents will be accepted
=)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home