Saturday, December 02, 2006

me and the great commission

Every thursday nite, our entire YWAM base will go out to the streets to share the gospel..that's about 300+ of us.

For the first 3 thursdays, I struggled even make conversation with my evangelism team members! I was concerned about how people on my team who were new to me, people in the shopping mall would view me, an asian..my mind was preoccupied with the difference in cultures and their response Christians evangelising...



I was basically preoccupied with myself..



somehow, i probably "delegated" the commands of sharing the gospel to other more "fanatical" christians. My "role" was different...my role is...blah..blah..blah..



sigh...

But God is good..in these last 9 weeks..as i allow Him to peel the layers of self off me, I was beginning to see breakthroughs..

I realised evangelism was my outlet to practice all the theory i was learning in my head..and i really wanted to know how much i love Jesus and how much the gospel means to me.

Last thursday, i shared the gospel with 3 men from china. This week, my PNG friend/evangelism partner led me to another chinese man and i shared again...IN MANDARIN!! and tonight, I shared the gospel to 1 chinese girl and 1 japanese guy who visited our base for our weekly public YWAM friday nite meeting.

The 2 of them accepted Christ!! YEAH!!!

It's NOT them accepting Christ that's amazing..

It's how far God must bring us sometimes to be humble enough to obey the simple truths of our faith..

sometimes i want the more glamourous roles/ministry...training..equipping..networking..coordinating..blah..blah.blah..

I'm not trying to belittle anyone's role here, dear friends, but i encourage all of us to try going back to the simple commands of our Saviour to share the good news this season...at least..

and i pray that we will all be able to see where/who our hearts belongs to this Christmas..

that in the simple act of sharing, inviting, striking up a conversation with an ignored guest, that we find and truely understand the joy of heaven when a soul enters the Kingdom.



I've been thoroughly blessed tonight and i asked God,

"How much do you love this young japanese boy, fresh from saying the most important prayer of his life?"



My Bible tells me the angels rejoice and there's a party in heaven...but He asked me



"How much do you love? To speak to the ones i lead you to..

How much do you love? To be led...?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blooder... keep on sharing.... keep up the 'good work'.... i am so proud of you.... your ah-beng-friend from Singapore... ah-lim...

6:07 PM  
Blogger Tan Xin Kai Joash said...

Bro, thanks for sharing your life.
I am reminded of this song...

I'm coming back to the heart of worship...And it's all about you... It's all about You... Ye Su...
Bro, Keep pressing on! Keep Pushing on!

Love: TomSumJo

11:58 PM  
Blogger kevin thio said...

yo! bro... enjoyed the blog. Am praying that my colleagues at the office would accept CHrist into their lives this CHristmas... some how God has been showing me hurting people...

so many...

yo
kev

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home